SideArms.io is an exciting IO game that offers fast-paced, third-person multiplayer shooter gameplay set in a futuristic world. In this game, players take on the role of rocket-driven androids battling it out in low-gravity arenas filled with obstacles and terrain. The goal is to defeat other androids and earn the right to pilot a giant mech in a chaotic, one-versus-all shootout. Here are some useful tips and strategies to help you excel in SideArms.io:
By following these tips and strategies, you'll be well-equipped to dominate the arenas of SideArms.io. Hone your rocket skills, customize your android, and eliminate the competition in style!
- Customization and Stats: Take advantage of the robust character creator to customize your android to your liking. Experiment with different combinations to find the perfect look for your character. Additionally, check out the Career tab to access interesting stats about your performance in the game.
- In-Game Store: Between rounds and deaths, make sure to visit the in-game store to purchase weapons. While some modes provide a stipend with each death, the most effective way to earn money is by destroying other androids, going on kill streaks, stopping other players' streaks, and collecting drops from delivery rockets.
- O.N.I. Battle: In this mode, your objective is to upgrade your android as much as possible. Destroy pink delivery rockets to reveal upgrade chips, weapons, and other helpful items. Don't forget that upgraded androids will drop some of their chips when eliminated. The android with the most upgrades when the battle begins will earn the right to pilot the giant O.N.I. mech. As an android, team up with others to deplete the O.N.I.'s energy, and as the O.N.I., try to keep your energy intact while eliminating as many androids as possible.
- Team Battle: Eliminate androids on the opposing team to earn points. Remember that not all targets are equal – upgraded androids and players with bounties are worth extra points. The team with the most points at the end of the round is the winner. After the match ends, all players vote on the round's MVP.
- Communication: SideArms utilizes a sticker system for in-game communication. Use a variety of colorful emotes by pressing the number keys. New stickers are frequently made available, and you can organize your list by visiting the Customization tab.
- Challenges and Seasonal Events: Each day, you will receive up to three daily challenges. Completing these challenges will earn you progress in seasonal events, in-game currency, or even unique items. Participate in seasonal events to compete with other players and earn in-game currency or unique, event-themed customizations.
- Game Controls: The keyboard and mouse controls can be customized on the Options screen. The default key mappings are WASD to move, space bar to jump, shift to use rocket boots, LMB to fire gun, RMB/C to aim, F to use katana, R to reload, E to switch guns, ~ to drop secondary weapon, and number keys (1-0) to use sticker emotes.
- Strategies: Here are some effective strategies to enhance your gameplay:
- Shoot just ahead of your target to increase accuracy, especially considering the androids' fast movement.
- Use explosive weapons to knock down enemies and then move in for the kill.
- Utilize the katana in close-quarters combat to finish off enemies with low health.
- Collect blue upgrade chips whenever possible, as each chip increases your maximum health by 10.
- Save some rocket fuel for moments when you need to escape or chase down an enemy with low health.
- Jump up the side of vertical structures using your rocket boots.
- Use the katana attack in mid-air to stop your existing momentum and redirect yourself.
- Hold the Sword (katana attack) key while in mid-air to execute a plunge attack that deals heavy damage if it connects with an enemy.
- Earn kill streaks to receive extra credits for weapon purchases, but be aware that it will also put a bounty on your head.
- Shoot pink delivery rockets when enemies are close to them to cause explosions and emit useful items.
- Save money by not spending credits on secondary weapons; instead, be the first to loot delivery rockets.
- Experiment with your rocket boots to discover techniques that can propel you into the air with unprecedented force. Each arena has different surfaces and angles to explore.
- Keep moving when you're out in the open to avoid becoming an easy target. Instead of hopping around, switch directions with a rocket boost to make yourself harder to hit.